- Treatment program for middle school and high school aged youth.
- Based at the Hana School campus
- Designed for adolescents, specifically including activities and cultural outings
The ‘Ohana Makamae School based Program provides an innovative approach to substance abuse education, prevention and treatment in Hana High and Intermediate/Middle School. School-based counselors are trained to meet the special needs of the students who are experiencing or at risk of having substance abuse issues. They meet regularly in group and individual settings. All school-based treatment is confidential, flexible, and individualized. Our counselors collaborate with parents, faculty, and/or staff in order to provide the appropriate level of care; this includes assessments, professional recommendations, and treatment.
Our service is available to anyone in need. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, age, or sexual orientation. Please call us if you would like more information on our program, know someone who may be in need of our services, or are just concerned about a friend or family member. Your call and our services are confidential.
If you observe any of the following signs, this may indicate possible substance abuse:
– change in friends and/or social activities
– a drop in grades or lower performance at work or school
– changes in behavior and/or eating habits
– increased medical problems
– evidence of drug paraphernalia
– fatigue and/or anxiety